Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Concours National des Fromagers - the result!

The Concours National des Fromagers took place on Sunday. I'm still struggling to believe what I'm about to write, but the articles in the press and the warm congratulations I'm being sent from lots of quarters is slowly helping it to sink in....

I finished in 1st place, and am now the Champion des Fromagers de France 2013!

I'm thrilled to bits with the result, and very grateful for the training and assistance I received from my employers and the support I got from the other contestants. It was a tough contest, and there were some fabulous entries and really stiff competition.

I'm sorry to leave you hanging for the gory details, and promise to post a blow-by-blow account of the competition and what went down as soon as I've got some time.

For now though, here are some pictures from the competition, and a link to an article published in the UK press which gives some more information about me and about the competition.

My winning cheese platter, featuring 25 cheeses from France, Britain and Italy.


Me with HervĂ© Mons (l) and Etienne Boissy (r) – both Meilleurs Ouvriers de France – just after the result was announced, and looking a bit shellshocked!

Here's an article in The Independent about the competition.

I've learned an awful lot in the run up to this competition and am looking forward to sharing some of it on these pages over the coming weeks.

Watch this space …



2 comments:

  1. Many many congratulations on your terrific win from all of us at The Good Life France magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations from another anglophone explant to Lyon! Bien joué! I am so glad to have found the article as it linked to your blog - I have been reading non-stop for the last hour or so. Perhaps I will see you in Les Halles (if you are not too famous to be allowed on the floor now) on my next visit.

    Chapeau!

    ReplyDelete